12 February 2009

Over the (organized) rainbow


As much as we move I have to stay somewhat organized. I have really fallen behind on this front! I would get fabric and it would go into one of many bins. Sometime later (often MUCH later) I would vaguely remember buying something that would be perfect for the current project and not be able to find it. I finally bit the bullet and went through it all. I actually got rid of some fabric that I thought I would never use. I was impressed with my pack rat self letting go. It felt to good to let go though. It really did.

So... I organized the fabric into a bunch of different drawers. I made a fat quarter plus drawer, a large cut drawer, a wool drawer, a linen drawer, a flannel drawer, a decorator weight drawer, a batik and vintage drawer, and a kit drawer. I also have a bin with batting and fusible web as well as a bin with vintage sheets that I hope to use in the not too distant future. My living room was a complete mess while I was getting this done but it is so satisfying to see it all in it's folded glory. I did it mostly at night after the smalls were in bed. I tried to get them to help but they wanted to fold it all origami and teepee style. (They are 2 & 4). Sweet helpers.

Whipup has had some amazing craft space re-do's featured as of late. Super inspiring.

1 comment:

Deelee said...

Yay, you did it! Good for you. Now when you come to visit you can organize my fabric disaster!