11 March 2009

Fever, lack of sleep, and a table runner


The smalls are sick. It started last Wednesday with B and a high fever in the middle of the night. He had a fever off and on for almost a week. Yay. We went to the doctors and not much happened there except that we were told that he has a fever and cough. Surprise. The best thing about B being sick is that he becomes even more cuddly. I had told him that he had to stay home from school because he had a fever. That night when hubbie came home B informed him that he didn't go to school because he had "The Beaver." He was very serious and it sounded like a strange tropical disease. From then on we have all been calling it "the beaver." He was so excited that G got sick a few days later. "I touched G and she got "The Beaver"." B is now back at school today. He was so excited to go as he is snack boy today and absolutely couldn't miss it. I am happy to be able to accomplish something in the afternoon besides trying to catch up on lost nighttime sleep. 

I did finish a project that was promised a long time ago. Last summer to be exact. A table runner for a good friend in Germany. She redid her kitchen in coffee colors to match her snazzy new coffee maker. It was the kind I would have imaged the Jetsons having. Push a button and out comes the best macciato ever. Her neighbor painted some pretty coffee/cafe themed canvases. I wanted to make her a little something as a token of thanks. She has been a great friend. I just did a crazy log cabin kind of thing. Each block was about 11" square. I quilted it using a decorative stitch around each square. I  like the fabric and the look but I don't think I would have done that stitch for me.


1 comment:

Deelee said...

I love how you used the decorative stitching. The colors are wonderful!